When: Jan 14-17, 2016
Where: Quartzsite AZ – Plomosa Road – End of BLM camping area.
(Here is the exact area plotted on Google Maps of our location – CLICK with GPS info.)
Why: Just for Kicks and to meet others.
Bring: Firewood, Full Water Tank, Empty Gray and Black Tanks, Generator, snake bite kit (kidding), stories and anything else that may add to the experience.
CUT OFF DATE: January 1st, 2016 (We need to know how many by this point.)
“So what’s the plan Stan?” First off, the name is David, not Stan, but here is what we have come up with for our first gathering. Of course all of the below is weather permitting.
Thursday, January 14th – Arrival Day
* Arrive when you can today. Yippee! (Brenda and I will be arriving on the 13th to try to block off desert space.)
* We will try to arrange the coaches and RV’s, facing inwards along two lines. As you arrive and turn off into the desert, just look for our logo (paper signs) to make your way back to our group area and see one of us, or other volunteers (hint), for where you should park.
* 5:00PM – OOB Attendees Introductions and meet your hosts David and Brenda and ask the questions you may have for us.
* 7:00PM – Campfire starting where you again can meet other OOB attendees and learn what the RV show is like and what to expect. Also tips and tricks on how to conserve RV resources in the desert. Please bring in some firewood to help out with our fires or we will be kind of cold.
Friday, January 15th
* 9:00AM – Coffee & Donuts chat at the campfire area. Grab your favorite mug filled with your coffee, tea or liquor of choice and join us for a donut and chat with fellow RV’ers.
* 11:00AM – Do you do crafts while on the road? Come show off what you may do that may interest others who may care to also take up doing it. (Just ask Brenda about all the wine bottles.)
* 1:00PM – Tech Talks – Have questions, we may have an answer or at least an opinion. After all, RV’ers help RV’ers so come join in on the questions and also help with the answers around the fire ring.
* 3:00PM – Special video shoot talked about in e-mail. (Remember…Shhhhhhhh!)
* 5:00PM – Quadcopter flights and aerial group photo. Have a quadcopter? Bring it and lets fly out into the desert. This will also be our chance to take a group photo! And yes,we surely will look to make a video out of the footage. David will be going for a two mile out flight! (So get ready to walk if it goes down to help find it. LOL)
* 7:00PM – Movie Night! Come join us for a movie under the stars. (Movie yet to be determined.) If weather does not cooperate, we will do this Saturday.
Saturday, January 16th
* The Big RV Show opens. If you have never attended the show before, be prepared for a crazy time of people, food, and of course products of all sorts. From full motor coaches to replacement valve stems, you will find it at Quartzsite. Drive into town and make a day of it. Of course, feel free to go along with other OOB members that you have met to team up and car pool.
* 5:00PM – Pot Luck Dinner. Bring a dish to add to the table. (which reminds me, bring tables.) No idea what we may end up with, but that’s the fun of a pot luck. So grab your drink, plate, utensils, and chair and eat up. (We ask that food be placed at least by 4:50PM)
* 7:00PM – Campfire and Camp Jam (or Alt Movie Night). If you play an instrument, no Tuba’s please, feel free to bring it along and we will see if we can play something together. We also need people that of course can sing. Brenda and I can not. So we will TRY, and I stress TRY, to make this work as well as it being a sing along. :)
Sunday, January 17th
* The RV Show continues and so does your shopping. :)
* This is also departure day, if you so choose, as we have nothing planned other than a campfire. We do know most will stay till Monday for who really wants to leave after a day of shopping. :)
* Evening – Campfire for anyone still around or that is not too tired from all that shopping.
That is it for our first time doing an OOB gathering. Hope you like the ideas.
ATTENTION FIRST TIMERS TO QUARTZSITE:
Ok, a quick few things. First…What you bring into the desert, you will bring out. Leave no footprint. When you arrive, you will need to check in with the BLM Host right when you turn on to Plomosa road. (No charge) Then you will head further down to road to find us.
You will be in the desert and will have NO HOOKUPS! Therefore you will need to be sure to have a full water tank and empty black and gray tanks. You should also have fuel for your generator. If you do not have a generator, this really is not for you as you will need power as well as heat. So conserving is the key so bring and use paper plates, plasticware, and cups. Things that do not require washing! We will go over some tricks as to how you can conserve the first evening.
There is a service in town called the “Pit Stop” where they will empty your tanks and fill your water with good water. They can also fill your propane tanks.
Even though there is a SMALL grocery store in town, it is not cheep. So bring in any food you will want. There are also a few restaurants.
For trash there is a local dump right down the road as you go into town with limited hours. Best thing is to use larger garbage bags and when needed, drop it off on the way into town.
Other than that GOOD LUCK! :)
Again…If you are not already on our Quartzsite email list, see blow, or we missed you and you want to join us, PLEASE let us know by using our contact us page to be added to our list or leave a comment below. January 1st, 2016 is the cut off date as we need to know how many by that point. Thanks!
42 Currently On Our List (Please be sure you are on it. Last Updated 1/3 8:52AM MST)
David, we can easily be there on the 13th to help secure the area. Let us know.
More than welcome to come on in early. :)
See you in Quartzsite!
Dave and Brenda, we plan on being there the morning of 14th.
Ken and Diana
Yeah! To theres reading this…This is the first couple we met when we did Quartszite alone the first time. Ken…Sorry for the intrusion into our quite area. :)
Brenda and David,
We, Aza and Bobo will be there on 13th or 14th.
What else we need to do, our first time ….
First Timers note added to post.
Wished we could be there. Staying home this Winter. Sounds like too much fun…….
john & dorothy sinnar
Dave and Brenda,
We spoke to you about Quartzite in Red Bay. At the time we were not totally positive we could make it but since then we have made plans to join your group. Looking forward to a good time in Quartzite!! See you mid-day on the 14th.
Already on the list and will be arriving mid afternoon on the 14th. Plans look great!
You forgot to add me and my wife: photoman2010@
Still not positive – but after reading your plans, it’s much closer to yes. Sounds like so much fun.
Please let us know when you know. Thanks
So sorry , we will not be able to join your happy group.
See you all there …:-)
My husband Roger and I are planning to go to Quartzsite for our first time this year. We’ve been fulltiming since September of 2014. Would love to meet up with your group. We were thinking we might head over to Quartzsite area earlier in January…
We Are really excited to be a part of this. We have been full timing for a few years, but have not been to Quartzsite yet. We would love to volunteer if you need, as we plan on being in the area anyway early.
Can I be on the “maybe”
You can sure. Hard part already is try to make sure we will be able to have enough space in the area we go to. :)
You can add me to your email list if you like. I have been planning to come to Quartzite this winter, it would be nice to hook up with old hands.
BTW, the yellow titles are difficult to read on my mobile. Don’t know if anyone else has had that problem, but…
Anna and I ( SmalHouseBigWorld ) are going to be in AZ over the winter, so we’d love to join. Put us on the lis.t
““So what’s the plan Stan?” First off, the name is David, not Stan”
Shirley, you can’t be serious!
I’m planning on coming, but I may not stay the full duration – working a job up the road in Phoenix, so it depends on where we are in the project whether I’ll be arriving Thursday or Saturday morning… :D
I will definitely be bringing my shiny new (won’t be shiny or new by then) 3DRobotics IRIS+ quadcopter – How do you feel about trying to do some air to air videography, David?
Oh! The IRIS+ is one I was looking to play with as I need a smaller set up and was looking at that. I have done some playing around with air to air video. :) Here you go… Flying with Friends… https://youtu.be/cN-VFU7BZjI So I will not add you to the list as we are RV’s mostly for space needs, but I surely hope you can attend so I can see the IRIS+. Oh, and meet you. :)
Please put me on the list or attendees Steve St Martin KG6VVO I will be staying for the Quartzfest starting on the 17th
David & Brenda,
We will see you in Quartsite on Jan 14th!
It’s our 1st time and we are really excited to join the group. Let us know if we need to do anything else!
Jeff & Susan Gibbs
I have finally bullied (persuaded nicely) my husband into boondocking for the first time. We would love to join your group. Excited to meet everyone and learn some new things!
Hi Dave – Please put us on the mailing list. We’d love to come out this year if possible and it sounds like there are many new acquaintances to make. Been there the last 3 years with the TRVN group. How far off the road is the site?
Off the road…about 1000 feet. I have added you.
Going to be staying at Rice Ranch with two other Tiffin couples. Would like to visit a couple of times if that is OK.
Sure it is.
Dear David, property is checked and ready to meeting !!
See you !!!
Guelph Canada, present location Lake Havatsu